300

>> Saturday, December 16, 2006

I still remember the moment I picked up the first issue of 300. It was the last issue in the store. I kind of picked it up out of amazement that a mini-series was covering a historical topic. I hadn't (and still haven't) read Sin City, so I wasn't a huge Frank Miller fan. I wasn't even sure I was going to like the issue I picked up.

But I did.

In fact, I was able to snag all the issues, which may seem like a small feat but they all sold out day of where I was living. My friend AJ from high school snagged me the fifth and final issue.

This has always been one series of Frank's that I really like. (I always seem to fall asleep when I try to read The Dark Knight Returns, and I'm not going to apologize for that.)

So I was a bit surprised last fall when I heard that they were beginning to film 300.

I remember way back after it came out that there was talk of a movie but nothing ever came around.

Last year, I figured that the movie would be out by this year's end. It's coming out in March of next year. Will have to wait just a bit longer....

If anything, PLEASE, do not let this movie suck! After the last X-Men movie, I don't think I can take another bad comic movie. I cannot suffer through yet another sucky adaptation.

In my high hopes that this movie should kick ass, I'm abstaining from all its possible promotional materials--trailers, commercials, making of docs, etc.

I did, unfortunately, see the teaser trailer (AWESOME!!) I ran into it when I saw The Departed with my parents after Thanksgiving. I seriously thought about plugging my ears and shutting my eyes while it played, but I didn't want my mom to think I was nuts.

Please let it play at the Cinerama when it opens! I'm dying to see a midnight showing of it when it opens!

Source and Poster Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP