Children of Men

>> Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The first fifteen to twenty minutes of the movie all I could think about was Clive Owen. Clive is the Hotness. And in a movie with a raging infertility problem, all I could think about was that birth control wasn't necessary if you were going to have sex.

I haven't read the book. I'd just heard little snippets of this movie. A friend of mine said that the film brought up more questions for her than answers. I think she was thinking far more politically than I was when I saw it tonight.


I'm not sure if I buy that everything would happen the way it was depicted in the movie. I do, however, buy that everyone would be lining up for their morning mocha and lattes in the morning. Disciples of the bean...the cult rages on.


So many random thoughts about babies during the movie...I so loved Clive Owen in this. It's so sad that moment when he can hear his friend talk about his loved one and lost child. I feel like you always see women going gaga or postal over their babies. It seems so rare that you get to see men in cinema get choked up over lost children. I remember seeing a scene like that last year in A la folie... pas du tout. Gets to me everytime. It may not get tears flowing, but I begin to appreciate men so much more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP