Pan's Labyrinth

>> Tuesday, January 30, 2007


What makes a monster and what makes a man?

I really have no idea.

But I want to believe the labyrinth and the faun were real. Were they? Creepy but still very real.

That THING with the eyes in its hands...creepiest thing I have seen in a long time. I heard Guillermo del Toro on Fresh Air mention that he got the idea for placing the eyes in the hands from looking at traumatized children's drawings.

What makes a monster and what makes a man? A question posed in one of the songs from Hunchback of Notre Dame. I just had it in my head several times during this movie. It's not something the movie asks directly, but it kept popping up in my head, particularly right after the doctor was shot. I loved his last words (if I can quote them accurately), "obey for obedience's sake--without questioning--that's something only people like you do."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP