10 Questions for the Dalai Lama

>> Sunday, June 24, 2007

I caught 10 Questions for the Dalai Lama today at the Grand. It was the only showing of the day and the theatre was packed! I got there just as the movie was starting, as usual, since I was looking for parking.

Always amazing to hear the Dalai Lama speak. I haven't heard him speak very often, but he does seem to be simplicity itself. Always refreshing and truly 70 years young! He does not act like an "old" man!

Some of his answers reminded me of an answer to question a friend of a friend asked me. I don't remember the exact question, but it was something like, "Why do animals live so simply and humans don't?" The best answer I could muster was that "Animals practice basics day-in and out. Through out their whole lives they get better at basics. A lot of people think that after having done basics for awhile, they get to move beyond them. Humans don't always do 'basics.'"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP