Contrition?

>> Sunday, July 15, 2007

Hardly.

The Archdiocese of Los Angeles announced yesterday that it will pay out more than half a billion dollars to victims of priest abuse.

Of course, Cardinal Mahoney has no problem apologizing now.

"There really is no way to go back and give them that innocence that was taken from them. ... The one thing I wish I could give the victims, I cannot," he said.

"Once again, I apologize to anyone who has been offended, who has been abused. ... It should not have happened and should not ever happen again."

However, he couldn't bring himself to work with the authorities years earlier as I noticed when watching Deliver Us from Evil.

Seriously, the man had chances to take action regarding these incidents years ago and chose not to.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP