New Owners

>> Sunday, July 8, 2007

My apartment building received new owners a little over three weeks ago. One of the original owners (now both in their 80s) had two strokes, which is what prompted the sale.

The new owners (Williams Properties) are raising my rent by 63% effective August 1. Their justification is that they need it to redo all the landscaping and building improvements. Quite obviously, they want all the current tenants, including myself, out of here as quickly as possible so that they can completely redo the building. Since we're all month-to-month renters, they could have just raised the rent gradually over several months, but it's clear that they want us to get the hell out of dodge.

I've lived here for almost eight years. I'm not looking forward to finding new digs. I hope I can find a better apartment in the area. Hope, hope...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP