Balls to the Rescue!

>> Monday, August 13, 2007

I thought I had a pretty good washer and dryer at my old apartment. Granted, it was $1.25 to wash and $1 to dry, but I could shove a lot in there.

My thinking was confirmed after I did my first load of laundry last week.

Both the washer and dryer are older than what I had at my old place. It is cheaper luckily ($0.75 to wash and $1 to dry). The washer is definitely smaller, which is a bit of a bummer.

The dryer is not the mega-dryer I left behind. Oh no, the first time I finished a load of laundry in the dryer, it needed more time to dry, which means more quarters. Aargh!

Not a dramatic difference, it was almost dry, but do you want to pay a full $1 in quarters for an hour of dryer time when you only need 10 minutes?

Fuck no!

After that, I got myself a pair of balls--Nellie's Dryerballs, that is.

I saw these in a catalogue a few years ago and thought of purchasing them, more for their eco-friendliness than anything. I already had a pair of static cling sheets that I'd been using for
a few years, which is why I figured I didn't need a pair of balls.

I was wrong. I need a pair of balls, particularly because these balls lessen drying time, which means less quarters which is $$ saved by me.

Thank God my balls arrived today!

I was able to do a load of laundry tonight that included my fluffy robe, a bitch to dry in any dryer but particularly in this new one.

I only had to use $1 in quarters! Yes!!

Color me impressed!

1 comments:

Janel 08 December, 2007 22:46  

I'm going to get a bunch of balls for people for xmas. Just wanted to see if you were - you're not giving any to M&D or J&P, are you?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP