The Coming Economic Collapse

>> Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Coming Economic Collapse: How You Can Thrive When Oil Costs $200 a Barrel by Stephen Leeb , Ph. D. with Glen Strathy (audio book)

This is the first book I've finished since watching A Crude Awakening. I started listening to it a work while I was doing busy work. Actually, I was able to listen to most of this at work. It doesn't make for the best listening at work because all I could think the first time I listened to this is

we're fucked!

It IS going to be that bad when we begin to encounter the downslope of the oil curve.

On the bright side, this book does have several financial recommendations for investors, which I greatly appreciate. I have been meaning to invest in my company's 401(k) plan for a long time but have been putting it off since I have to use almost all of the dollars I earn. Listening to this gave me the kick in the rear to finally start. (I now kick myself for not starting earlier but, oh well, better late than never.) That and it gave me a direction to put my money. A weird statement perhaps, but, such an open-ended and stable market just stifles my brain. I need something specific and practical to help me plan. I'm never going to be a financial guru, and some of the things economists and financial advisers espouse never sit well with me. I think this quote explains some of my misgivings:

"Anyone who believes exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world is either a madman or an economist." -- Kenneth Boulding (ca. 1980)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP