The Fisher King & The Handless Maiden

>> Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Fisher King and the Handless Maiden by Robert A. Johnson

I finished this book about six weeks ago, and I've been holding onto it ever since while planning to post something small about it. I suppose the most interesting thing about this book is how I came across it. I always wanted to see The Fisher King--and I still haven't as of today--yet I never knew what the 'Fisher King' referred to. So, at least after finishing this very short book, I know what the 'Fisher King' refers to.

On the other hand, I wish this book had a list of books referenced. There's no citation or bibliography page. I wanted to start writing comments in the margin while I was reading it--something I picked up from my high school history teacher--because I couldn't help but wonder where the author came to this or that conclusion or if there was another work he was referencing or influenced by.

I admit that I did end up reading this at the most suitable time. I went through hell the two weeks around Labor Day at work, and it finally made me realize that I need to move on from the job I'm currently at. I'm done working my job-paying job. I need to go back to school and do something I really enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP