In the Shadow of the Moon

>> Sunday, October 14, 2007

This was great! Such a simple story with great images. I only wish I could have seen it on an IMAX screen because some of these images just deserve to be seen that large. That and this movie deserves to have a larger audience. The Grand only gets this movie for two weeks.

Eight or nine grandpas retelling their stories of a lifetime with great archival footage. I thought the prerecorded footage of Nixon telling the world that two of the astronauts didn't make it back in case the lunar module couldn't lift off from the moon was scary. Sooo glad they made it back!

Mike Collins just seems like the coolest guy. Definitely my favorite of the movie. I can totally understand why Neil Armstrong is a bit reclusive compared to the rest. I think the story about him ejecting from a test flight and then not having much to say about it speaks volumes about him. I mean, after a certain point, I'd doubt he'd have much to say except to those closest to him.

Of course, part of the movie closes with the statement that we have yet to return to the moon. Frankly, it's not going to happen again. I don't know if there's people still dreaming about it or not, but after starting to read all about the end of cheap oil, it will never be possible to go to the moon again or Mars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP