Getting Out: Your Guide to Leaving America

>> Monday, January 14, 2008

I was inspired to read this from my "peak oil" books reading list. A compendium of facts, stories and escape methods, this book is highly entertaining. I didn't read it all and don't have a good reason to as I'm not going to be escaping the U.S. of A. in the next 12 months. Regardless, I have to admire any author who chose to list George W. Bush's re-election in 2004 as a "Great Moment in American Expatriatism."

2004 > George W. Bush defeats John F. Kerry and returns to a second term as President of the United States. No sooner are the election results in than the Canadian immigration website receives over 200,000 hits from the United States more than five times their daily average. Though the vanguard began making their escape after the stolen election of 2000, and September 11th, and the Iraq War added to the flow, this makes it official. The age of the Bush Refugee begins.
Yes, I did get a curious look from the librarian when I checked this out. I told her it was random curiosity that caused me to select it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP