A Mighty Heart

>> Sunday, January 6, 2008

I meant to see this in the theater when it came out last June. I've been wanting to see it ever since. I wanted to see it so much that I finally plugged in my tv and PS2 to watch it. (They haven't been plugged in since I moved.)

I'm glad I finally saw it. I didn't read Marianne Pearl's book and probably never will given the rate at which I make it through my reading lists. Nonetheless, she is clearly a great person who is far more forgiving than most people we see in the news today.

Having not read her book, I was a bit surprised at all the work the Pakistani government put in to find Daniel. Not saying they're slackers, but I never realized the lengths they went to in order to find him. Quite commendable. While I don't like seeing the inferences to torture in any degree, it's clear they had no choice in the situation.

For the naysayers who say Angelina Jolie didn't do a good job, I completely disagree. It's clear she has a different voice and intonation while portraying Marianne. I don't see any shades of the stoic Lady Croft walking the halls of that house. Some people can't move past the public figure/celebrity, and that happens to me too. Lord knows I can't Tom Cruise seriously ever since he jumped on that couch. That and I'm convinced his public life is a lie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP