The Party's Over

>> Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Party's Over: Oil, War and the Fate of Industrial Societies by Richard Heinberg

Hmmm, I finished this book two months ago, yet I've been holding onto it ever since. Yes, I already have a fine to pay at the library. Thankfully, it's only 20 cents a day. What can I say about it?

This was the first book I read after seeing A Crude Awakening. I was able to ascertain greater details about how peak oil affects everyone from reading this book. I'd recommend it to anyone. It's very well written and isn't overly technical. Heinberg is a bit more philosophical than some other things I've read and seen, but he does have a great understanding of the situation. He opens each chapter with a series of quotes from a variety of individuals, which I greatly enjoyed, and seems to have a slightly optimistic view to the future--long-term future--in that the coming of peak oil should eventually create a better world for the earth and its inhabitants.



I would say that Richard Heinberg does not have DEFCON 1 mentality. There are others who do.



This issue merits more attention from the US and global public.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP