3:10 to Yuma

>> Sunday, February 3, 2008

Another movie I wanted to see in the theater but didn't. I just don't have the gumption to drag myself down to the megaplex anymore... It seems if it doesn't play at the Grand then I don't see it until it hits dvd.

Anyhow, I really enjoyed this. I clipped by at a nice pace for me. I really like the beginning where you could tell how hard it was living on that ranch or in town. I think it's something we tend to take for granted today--how much work people had to put in just to eat and get by.

Russell Crowe's character, Ben Wade, is quite the chatterbox isn't he? But it is a great technique for keeping your enemy on your toes if you're trying to get away. Then suddenly he's beating one guy in the middle of the night. I thought he used a rock, but it turned out to be a fork. Lethal.

And Christian Bale is so excellent as the hero. Stoic yet emotional, I don't think he was ever taken in by what Wade had to say, always a bit circumspect. I like what Dan said to Ben when he was offered money to walk away.

Perfect ending.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP