The Daily Hope: Musical Chairs

>> Wednesday, May 21, 2008


One of the guys on my van has a better metaphor for the "right-sizing" actions being taken at the company:

Musical chairs.

He said, "I currently have one but the tune will play for me before the end of the year."

Probably a much better way to think about it rather than the "bloodbath" statement made by one of my coworkers.

Still, it's a difficult environment to work in right now. The "musical chair" gentleman works on a large project where he had a morning meeting today where they announced that 65% of the 600 people (employees and contractors) on the project will be cut by the end of the year. That's 390 people! 25% of that 600 will be cut in June. That's 150.

Massive change just to meet budget. And NOT a fun environment to be in afterwards.

As Musical Chair man said, "Clearly not a easy thing to know whether one wishes to be a survivor or not because the remaining people have to do an unreasonable amount of work."

My post-musical chair game goal is to get into acupuncture school. I finally PDF-ed my application so that I can type on it. Now I just need to work on it.

Trying to pull my head out of my ass. It is quite a stretch at the moment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP