Notes on a Scandal

>> Thursday, July 31, 2008

Six months. I had this for six months. I really thought I was going to watch it sooner than later. Wrong.

For such a strong film, it had very little impact on me. I really liked it, but when it played at the Grand, I remember a few people being in awe of it.

I liked that Cate Blanchett's character, Sheba, did not know why she slept with the boy. (I know that sounds strange.) And, of course, I can hear Michael K at Dlisted saying, "I'd hit it" as I write that. But I think it makes her character slightly easier to relate to than if she was a little more self aware of her actions.

But Judi Dench's character, whose name I can't remember, is something else--completely psycho! And a closet case. Which reminds me of all the homophobia I was reading about last week at the Hicktown Press. It'd be a much better world without the hate.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP