Life with My Sister Madonna

>> Friday, September 12, 2008


Life with My Sister Madonna by Christopher Ciccone (with Wendy Leigh)


I wasn't planning on reading this, but then my sister lent it to me. So, what the hell...part autobiography (Christopher) and part biography (Madonna), if you've followed Madonna's life (and gossip in general), there are no real shockers in the book.

Christopher neither confirms or denies the long-standing rumor that Sean Penn tied Madonna to a chair one evening and went out drinking. He does mention not wanting to forgive Sean for the way he "treated his sister." I totally believe it happened though. Particularly given Christopher describing Sean Penn and Guy Ritchie as having similar personalities. Anyone who has followed Lainey's "Strong and not" blind, and Lainey's multiple hints regarding the physicality of the Madonna-Guy Ritchie marriage knows that Madonna gets pushed around by Guy. Literally.

I mainly enjoyed reading about Madonna's glory days of the late 80s and 90s. You know, the days when her music was fun and enjoyable to listen to instead of that Kabbalah (Cult!)-inspired dreck she keeps churning out. (I don't like cities, but I like New York/Other places make me feel like a dork)

It's no surprise that Madonna is a self-centered egomaniac, but I did appreciate Christopher's noting the difference between the Madonna who used to vigorously support AIDS fundraisers & charities and the Madonna who only cares about the shit loads of money she earns. Yeah, I don't really care much about Madonna anymore.

But more importantly, Demi Moore serves better food than Madonna at Kabbalah meetings! (CULT!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP