Gran Torino

>> Saturday, January 17, 2009

After having gone to the movies by myself for so long, it's becoming apparent that I really enjoyed doing that particularly around Oscar season. Because after seeing a movie that doesn't prompt me with the desire for discussion means that I don't have to discuss it afterward! Or listen to two 70+ year-olds extol Clint Eastwood. There's only so much automatic glorifying that I can take.

Yes, it was a good movie. Yes, it had a good story. Yes, the story was well executed (good direction). Yes, I'd definitely recommend it at a matinee price. Baby-sitter worthy? Probably not. Yes, I enjoyed it. Yes, Clint Eastwood will probably get nominated for Best Actor next Thursday because the Academy really, REALLY likes him and also because he's in his late 70s so most Oscar voters know he's not going to do many more starring roles in the future. But beyond that, I can't think of anything else to say about it without spoiling the climax or ending. It's a pretty simple film.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP