Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

>> Friday, July 10, 2009

I caught this Wednesday morning because matinees are cheap! Plus, considering how long this movie is, I wanted to have some of my day left after I got out of the theater. I only saw the first Transformers based on the recommendation of Justin from the Grand. After Justin watched the first one, he thought that Michael Bay had a great idea for a trilogy based on the animated Transformers movie in the 80s. Unfortunately, Michael Bay just pissed all over Justin's theory with this current movie.

I got there a few minutes late, so I missed the giant robot smackdown from ancient history. I got there just as it was finishing. But I don't think I missed anything. I enjoyed the smackdown in China, the name "Big Budda." Damn, that is an accurate codename. Seeing Bumblebee emerge from the garage. Bumblebee's surprise visit at college. The fight in the forest and I knew what was going to happen there from the day I saw the trailer.

But this movie has so much unnecessary filler. Like the mom getting high on campus. Pointless. Crass jokes that keep appearing because nothing else is happening in the movie. Most of John Tuturro's moments could be scrapped easily. I know he's a great actor and he plays his character to the hilt, but I can't stand that character at all.

But between the fight at the forest and the huge desert battle, this movie feels way too fucking long. There must be 10 minutes any editor or producer could cut from it easily. And nothing much fills the void between these two points. Just pesky humans talking about boring shit. Barely any Bumblebee. Major complaint from me right there. Why do those two "twins" get air time? Why? WHY? And barely any Ratchet or Ironhide. They're there at the big battle, yet we barely get to see them. A big battle that looses momentum because it just goes on and on. We don't need to see Shia and Megan run in slo-mo over and over again. Ugh.

At the beginning, when Megan Fox first appeared, all I could notice was her upper lip because the very top of it wasn't moving. Not too surprising since she's taken up the habit of getting it injected these days. And thank gods that Shia can act. Because he does carry the movie. He's the only character I believed, Transformers aside. Except when towards the end, when he "died" temporarily. At that moment, I was thinking, "Great! There won't have to be another one. Because this one sucks."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP