I miss the Grand

>> Wednesday, September 9, 2009

And King's Books. And my regular grocery store haunts.

(sigh)

I had an urge to see The Cove this past weekend, except it's not playing around here. I was playing in Salt Lake for a short while, but I didn't feel like driving all the way down there and back just to watch it. Of course, it opened at The Grand Cinema this past Friday.

When The Rachel Maddow Show was doing segment after segment on "The Family" this past July, I got the bug to go buy the book (The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power). I checked out all the local book shops. None of them had it. In fact, this town is really short on good bookstores, not even a Borders or Barnes & Noble nearby. The local library didn't even have the book at the time; although, that could change given it cracked the NY Times Best Sellers List.

(sigh)

Still brings me back to the days when I could walk into King's Books and find most any book I wanted to buy whether it was new or used. I like supporting the local, independent bookstore, except there's not much to support around here.

Grr... Argh!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP