Where the Wild Things Are

>> Sunday, October 18, 2009

I don't remember the book, even though I read it as a kid. I do remember the artwork though, particularly since I have a card set with Sendak's images on them.

Delightful film. Sublime even. I'm really hoping at this point that it will make it into the 10 films nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars. I just like the thought of that list of 10 films being as diverse as possible, not just stacked with period pieces and message films.

I'm glad that they didn't make everything overly cutesy, it just smacks of fakery. I was actually worried that Judith was going to eat him at one point. She was such a bitch! But, you know, it means that the monsters were real, 'cause no kid would dream up monsters that would try and eat them or be mean to them. Just sayin'...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP