Down With Love

>> Friday, December 4, 2009

Now this was a movie I wanted to see. I missed seeing it in the theaters all the way back in 2003. I wanted to see it because I loved the trailer. In fact, I still love the trailer. I know this didn't get the greatest reviews when it was released, back in 2003, but I really liked it. Yes, it's cheesy. It's full of double entendres just like some of the Bond films.

I know it's a send-up of the Doris Day-Rock Hudson romantic comedies even though I have never seen one. To me, it's like a candy-colored, editorial-cartoon version of Mad Men. I've only seen two episodes of Mad Men, but still, I can see the cultural similarities since these are both supposed to take place at about the same time, in the early 60s.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP