Mad Men: Season 1

>> Monday, March 15, 2010

I've watched two episodes of Mad Men before this: the last two of season 3. Well, even knowing where they end up at the end of season 3 didn't ruin watching the first season.

Damn. The state of relations between the sexes. I've heard of instances like the ones portrayed in the series from former coworkers such as being called "sweetheart" and getting chased by married men. Although, I do appreciated seeing how some of the men readily accept Peggy moving out of the secretarial pool and into copy writing. Except Pete. He's such a dick. He doesn't even seem to appreciate his wife, who adores him for I don't know what reason.

Joan is my favorite character at this point. Peggy seemed like such a basket case in the latter half of the season even though I can appreciate the strides she makes in her career. Sterling always has the best wisecracks. I actually like Don, to my surprise, but every time I see him stepping out on Betty, I think, "Really? Is going home to Betty that bad?" Not from what I can tell. Betty is clearly about to go off her rocker, I assume, at some point just due to watching her whip out that gun to start shooting at her neighbor's pigeons. Jeez, I'm actually feeling motivated to whip out my copy of The Feminine Mystique and start reading it. I actually read a quarter of it ten plus years ago. Never finished.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP