Thing of Beauty: The Tragedy of Supermodel Gia

>> Tuesday, December 7, 2010

After reading a biography by a journalist, I am now utterly convinced the Andrew Morton writes like an 8th grader. I suppose I could write that sentence after every book I read. It's like saying Morton's prose is a step above Stephenie Meyer's except I have no plans whatsoever of reading her endless blatherings regarding the sparkly clan in order to prove it.

But there is a celebrity connection between Morton's recent book and this one: Angelina Jolie. And after reading Morton's biography of Jolie, I can't help but think that Gia Carangi had a much worse mother. Jolie's mother seemingly gave her daughter a headcase about her father in the classic vein of getting back at ex-husbands via children. Carangi's mother is...I don't know, a basket case?

Really, I just appreciate my non-psycho parents that much more after reading this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP