Captain America: The First Avenger

>> Saturday, October 1, 2011

Gee, it's been a long time since I've seen a movie in a theater. Last time I was in a theater, I saw the last Harry Potter flick. (I hate being poor. It sucks!)

So I finally saw Captain America and really, REALLY enjoyed it. This was a surprise for me because I've never been a huge fan of the character; however, I did appreciate the civil liberties stance Marvel gave him a few years ago. But I think not knowing as much about the characters allowed me to enjoy it even more. Like, I wasn't stressing out the first time I saw X-Men eleven years ago.

Originally, I didn't think Chris Evans was right for Cap. Those Don Draper suggestions seemed so much better. Sorry, I meant Jon Hamm. But now I realize he would have been too old. One thing I’ve always thought about Chris Evans is that his face is rather generic. Which, I think, is a plus for an actor and, ultimately, why he works so well as Steve Rogers.

I was glad that Emily Blunt didn’t play Peggy Carter. Since I’m not as familiar with Hayley Atwell, it allowed me to believe the romance between Steve and Peggy better. (Although, I do think Blunt would have made a much better Black Widow than ScarJo. Because what exactly does Scarlett bring to Natasha other than the ability to dye her hair red?) But Hayley did get the much better female role out of the two Marvel adaptations I've seen this summer. (I haven't seen X-Men: First Class yet.) Peggy Carter is far superior to Natalie Portman's Jane Foster in Thor. I didn't think that would be possible, but then Joss Whedon did an uncredited rewrite on the script as part of his Avengers contract. Which makes me actually look forward to seeing The Avengers when it comes out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP