The Way of the World

>> Saturday, April 20, 2013

After finishing Blackwater, I was looking through my books for something to read, something that would be much less technical. I came across The Way of the World. I have the cover with the near-panoramic picture of NYC, which is not helpful at all in describing/depicting its subject matter. I bought this four years ago. I couldn't remember what it was about. All I can remember is that it was a well-reviewed book back when I got it for a discount.

And I was pleasantly surprised.

Even though Suskind was writing about current events from about 2006 to early 2008,  it still felt like relevant material for today since basically all the same issues are still on going: Pakistan, CIA tracking nuclear terrorism, foreign relations, upheaval in the Middle East, etc.

But George W. Bush is still a dumbass with Dick Cheney as an asshole extraordinaire. The few chapters/sections specifically about them just reminded me how much I had forgotten them being involved in national politics. I think that's still a good thing given all the damaged they caused around the world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP