2014 Books

>> Sunday, January 18, 2015

It really feels like the above group of books never changes...
Another year gone and too few books read. *sigh*

I had hoped to be able to put images side by side in this post. However, with my move to a Mac, all my image manipulation experience in MS Paint is useless. Still trying to figure out using Preview on my Mac. Maybe there is another app I should be using instead? I have no idea.

Anyway, the above image is where I started the year in terms of my future book list.

Right below is everything I had finished reading by January 1st, 2014.

Finished by December 31, 2013.
I got so far in 2013 with reading books. I got NOWHERE in 2014. I solely blame the stress of my job and having to work with a complete idiot. Let me clarify, I worked with a complete idiot and a lazy idiot for a supervisor. All my stress came from working with TWO idiots, not one.

So this is what my finished book list looks like today:
I have finished reading all of these as of December 31, 2014.
Only 12 books read. One a month but nowhere near as many as I had hoped I would get through.
I endeavor to get at least 12 books read in the first 6 months of this year before I move. I'm doing pretty well so far since it looks like I'll finally finish reading The Lord of the Rings this month. All I need to do is finish a chapter a day, and it'll be done. Of course, I totally plan on reading while I'm at work because I can. I have no remorse about that because my work is ALWAYS done, so I literally only read because I have nothing else to do. There is only so much surfing the internet that I can do. (Although, I really should write a few emails to my friends.)

Here's my current pending list of books:
I actually am reading The Lord of the Rings right now!
  • The Lord of the Rings is almost done.
  • The Key of Life is about half done. I'll have to make a concerted effort to read that on my iPad on the way home one the bus after I finish LoTR. I don't think I ever want to read another book on my iPad or a digital reader ever again. I don't care if I had a regular Kindle. A physical book or bust!
  • Plagues and Peoples. I'll have to restart that after I finish LoTR.
Here's my future list of books (part 1):
Future Books (page 1)
I feel like there were SO many that I almost picked up, but the mental duress of working at The Island of Misfit Toys was just too burdensome. I think that after I finish Plagues and Peoples that I might pick up The Silmarillion, but I don't want to declare something too early. That and I think I jinxed myself last year.

But here's page two of my future book list:
Future Books (page 2)
I'm hoping that I'll at least get to Marie Antoinette. I know my sister might want to read it. But I am hoping that some of these on page two will make it to page one finally since they've been sitting in the same place for so long.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP